Due to COVID 19 we are all virtual
We need Morning, Afternoon, Evening, and weekend tutorial sessions
We provide one on one and group tutoring to at-risk students in grades K-12 during the school year and special summer programs. As a school year tutor, we ask you to commit to the months of September - April. We need to provide consistency in the students learning. We meet on weekday evenings and weekend mornings/afternoon sessions.
Our summer program hours are different. Learn More:
Out of School Tutorial
College 1on1 College Prep (SAT.ACT)
REIGNITE Summer Bridge Enrichment
Our sites are around the city:
Houston Community College (west loop, east campus, & Stafford campuses)
Houston Public Library
Pearland Westside Public Library
Texas Southern University
University of Houston Central
Counties served: Harris County, Fort Bend, and other surrounding Counties.
CHECK YOUR EMPLOYER
Employer Matching Program
Many companies offer a Matching Gifts Program as a way to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations. Most of these match dollar for dollar, some will even double or triple the amount of your gift, and some match funds with your volunteer hours. Ask your company's personnel department to learn if they offer such a program. If they do, submit their form with your volunteer hours.
We need volunteers to sort, pack, and distribute school supplies during the month of January. Age is not a limit and groups may participate.
- assist with communicating with volunteer inquiries, volunteer tutors, coordinate volunteer celebration, etc.
- help schedule meetings and program sites. Ensure space and equipment needs are met, oversee refreshments for events, and more.
- plan and implement events. Be able to think outside the box.
Funds development coordinator
- manage the funding application due dates, locate new funding possibilities, assist in the preparation of grants, reaching out to others for donations, and more.
School Supply Coordinator
- We collect school supplies during the year with our largest promotion during the month of August. We distribute in September and January. This person will manage the inventory count, client distribution list, and donors. Find office locations willing to partner as a collection site, locate a site for sorting, arrange distribution schedule, and prepare communications for the program.
Program Administrative Assistant
- Assist in organizing materials for programs. Gather data of demographics served. Make phone calls and send emails.